I hope someone can help. I've been all over the net trying to find a fix for this. At random times (usually in the evening to early morning) both my processors (Dell Inspiron E1505 core 2 duo) will max out at 100% usage (noticed with a sidebar gadget). When checking with the task manager there can be a few different culprits.
It varies between these three:
I found a thread somewhere showing how to fix the Audiodg issue by disabling advance sound options. Since I did that, Audiodg has been cool.
I found another thread somewhere that listed the following fix for a problem:
"Run all these commands in a command prompt one after the other
net stop WuAuServ
rename %windir%\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution_buggy
net start WuAuServ "
So I did that, but a few of those commands couldn't find the dll (the above seems to be for XP, so maybe that is why). And since doing that, now at start up my computer will go to 100% cpus for 3 minutes. So I would like to undo the above somehow.
That's as far as I have gotten with solving this issue. Please anyone help if you can. Thanks!!