Hi all,

I hope someone can help. I've been all over the net trying to find a fix for this. At random times (usually in the evening to early morning) both my processors (Dell Inspiron E1505 core 2 duo) will max out at 100% usage (noticed with a sidebar gadget). When checking with the task manager there can be a few different culprits.

It varies between these three:

- Taskmgr
- Audiodg
- Svchost

I found a thread somewhere showing how to fix the Audiodg issue by disabling advance sound options. Since I did that, Audiodg has been cool.

I found another thread somewhere that listed the following fix for a problem:
"Run all these commands in a command prompt one after the other
regsvr32 MSXML3.dll
regsvr32 WUAUENG1.dll
regsvr32 WUAPI.DLL
regsvr32 WUAUENG.DLL
regsvr32 WUAUENG1.DLL
regsvr32 ATL.DLL
regsvr32 WUCLTUI.DLL
regsvr32 WUPS.DLL
regsvr32 WUPS2.DLL
regsvr32 WUWEB.DLL
net stop WuAuServ
rename %windir%\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution_buggy
net start WuAuServ "
So I did that, but a few of those commands couldn't find the dll (the above seems to be for XP, so maybe that is why). And since doing that, now at start up my computer will go to 100% cpus for 3 minutes. So I would like to undo the above somehow.

That's as far as I have gotten with solving this issue. Please anyone help if you can. Thanks!!

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

No takers?

Are you connected to the internet when svchost shows high usage?
If so, then it's a symptom of a malware infection.
Download HJTInstall.exe and save to your Desktop.
Double-click HJTInstall.exe to install it.
By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis.
Click on "Install."
It will create a HijackThis icon on the desktop.
Once installed, it will launch Hijackthis.
Click on the "Do a system scan and save a log file" button. It will scan and a text file will open in Notepad.
Make sure Notepad's Format Menu has Word Wrap unchecked.
Copy the entire log and start a new topic in the Viruses/Spyware section and wait for somebody to respond.

Ok, thanks. I'll give that a try.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.