How can I degrade internet explorer version 6.0 to version 5.0

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

To the best of my knowledge, you can't.

Tip #94: Bring Back Your Old IE Version

Have you experienced problems after upgrading to a new version of Internet Explorer? Sometimes, the best solution is to regroup, uninstall the upgrade, and return to your IE previous version. To go back, double-click Control Panel's Add/Remove Programs icon and choose the Internet Explorer entry from the list. Then click the Add/Remove button and choose Restore the Previous Windows Configuration. Click the Advanced button to get rid of Windows Media Player, Outlook Express, and all the Setup files.

that from here
http://www.bott.com/Tips/tip081-100.htm

I think you wull have to go into add/remove windows components to find Internet explorer !:)

Big B, oldversion only has IE versions 1, 2, and 3, which were the old stand-alone versions of IE. IE 4, 5, and 6 have always been integrated into Windows, making it hard to revert back - it's built into the kernel!

thats why!:)

You can actually remove those versions from the Kernel. I've seen a program that will strip them out for you, and it's free.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.