How can i get more than one web page open at once. As soon as I go on another, the first shuts

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Did u try all the options of opening more than one page?? which browser do u hav???

Did u try all the options of opening more than one page?? which browser do u hav???

Tried all sorts, however I have downloaded IE 7 and that seems ok now - thanks

There is a setting that replaces the current page, rather than opening a new page.

Try opening two browser windows.

There is a setting that replaces the current page, rather than opening a new page.

Yes then what? That's what I don't want - replacement rather than new.

Then what? That's what I need unticked

With IE6 I have found it depends on the webpage... authors can write the code to open pages in the same or a new page. But you can force it by rclicking a link and making your choice.
I don't know of an IE setting, but then again, I only use IE when a site forces me to, like some Microsoft stuff. Firefox and Opera are my choices. And with both of those you can make a default setting about new or same tab. But a page's script may still override those settings.... the rclick menu is the ultimate decider, though.

your only option i think is to right click on the link to the next page and choose open in new window .like gerbil i to only use IE when i have to

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.