I'm reloading win 98 on a PIII, 64mb - at least, I'm trying to! It was working fine, then I started having usb issues. Just having signed up for adsl (which will do me no good if the computer doesn't work!), I decided to spend a relaxing day reformatting and reloading. I am presently reformatting for the 4th time today, hoping it will help. I get more error messages that I could possibly list here, especially rundll32 illegal operation/ shutting down, explorer illegal operation/shutting down, (the former during the "loading settings" part of loading windows, the latter as problems multiply). Tried a clean boot, no help. Am I dealing with a hardware issue or a software issue? I ran norton - no viruses. Any idears? I would like to use this adsl before my first bill comes in.

You must configure usb root hub the driver in the mother board CD try to configure it and it will work ... and list some of the errors here if this way doesn't work ... okay then we will try to solve it..;)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.