ok, lets start introducing my setup,
i have 4 computers linked to a linksys wrt54G router(latest firmware)
1. win xp destop linkto the router with wired connection - internet works
2. win xp laptop with wifi - internet works
3. win vista laptop with a Dell wireless-G card - internet works
4. win vista desktop with a boardcom802.11g wireless adapter - being a bitch
ok. so the winvista desktop just started bitching out of nowhere, it worked fine for 3months. one day, it started bitching-- sometimes it wont connect at all, "wireless signal quality problem", sometimes it connects a little bit, shows up as Identifying.....(public network). if I get lucky sometimes it connects as unidentified network, local only.
what a bitch...
things i tired to tame it
1. disable and enabled adaptor, unintall and reinstall the driver
2. set the Dhcp flag thing to 1
3. reset the router manytimes
4. opened her up and made sure the adapter is in its pci slot lol...
5. set unidentified network(public net work) to (private network)
6 disable IPv6 (renabled because driver got reinstalled)
prett much all the basic troubleshooting stuff
and its still bitching.... wont let me get on internet..