My 4yr. old played with my old pc. (win 98) During start-up I get the Windows logo, everything seems to be going fine, then the screen appears black with iterference lines. I'm sure he must have done something to the display properties, however without being able to see, I am helpless. I do not know DOS.
Any help would be greatly appreciated and would prolong my son's lifespan. :evil:

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

reboot ,keep hitting the f8 key and go into safe mde and change the display back

Sorry, change it back to what? :eek:

Sorry, change it back to what? :eek:

Sorry i thought you knew what was wrong!
go to control panel and display and change the Video screen resoulotion 680x400 and apply changes and on you way out and reboot /

Caperjack, thanks a million for your quick response. My son lives to see another day.
Irok

Caperjack, thanks a million for your quick response. My son lives to see another day.
Irok

Your welcome ! Live on Son:)And keepa you hands of of the Puter

I have just installed several new machines in a lab and am now getting "input signal out of range." I think one of the students changed the settings but I can't get to the display properties because the screen is blank as soon as the machine boots. Any ideas and thanks in advance. :rolleyes:

I've got input signal out of range evertime I start my comp.I had a program called reforce,I accidently changed the screen resolution and hz to 1024x768 120hz,don't think my monitor can handle 120hz.I did change resolution to 640x480 in safe mode but it doesn't work.I've got xp,need help thanks.

I've got input signal out of range evertime I start my comp.I had a program called reforce,I accidently changed the screen resolution and hz to 1024x768 120hz,don't think my monitor can handle 120hz.I did change resolution to 640x480 in safe mode but it doesn't work.I've got xp,need help thanks.

I don't have an answer ,but a suggestion ,to get better help you should start a new thread and post you problem ,

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.