Everytime I start this application, it automatically closes.

Does anyone have any ideas how to solve this problem?

Thankyou, Regards X

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

Odd, everytime I close it I get a message saying it closed unexpectedly. Your the only other person who has had glitches with this program.

Anyway back on topic. Try and uninstall it then re-install. If it doesn't work contact adobe and tell them your problem; make sure they help you! If it persists sell soul to the devil, or try running it in compatibility mode.

Hope this works! I like option 3 personally...or sell your soul to god, praying might work.

Got to have a soul first before you sell it :@

Try:

1. Un-installing it.
2. Restart your system.
3. Cleaning out any remnants of the program from your registry using something like CCleaner. (www.ccleaner.com)
4. Re-install.

I have been having a similar problem with Acrobat 9 Pro Extended. I am on the Adobe LiveCycle Forum and a couple of other users have posted alongside my post stating that they too are having the same problem. Bottom line - you are not alone!

If you find a solution please share with me. I am desperate!

I got the same exact problem, when I run ACROBAT 9 PRO EXTENDED, it just closes after 5 seconds or so. If there is a solution please post.

Hi
Did anyone ever find a solution to this problem? Acrobat works fine, all features seem to work, but it just closes itself after 5-10 seconds.
Please help,
Thanks!

Try:

1. Un-installing it.
2. Restart your system.
3. Cleaning out any remnants of the program from your registry using something like CCleaner. (www.ccleaner.com)
4. Re-install.

That is COMPLETELY unnecessary. Issues in Win7 do not relate to Vista at all.

In Vista, Acrobat 9 Pro tended to go logger-heads with the UAC, and thus had to be installed as Admin. With earlier builds of Vista had to go so far as logging in as Admin (NOT simply an account with admin priveleges, but the actual Admin account which is actually disabled by default, and needs to be turned via Local Security Policy snap-in (not available on "home" versions of Vista))

Am now primarilly running Win7 RC1 x64, and really have had zero issues on both notebooks, using the original install. After original install, automatically downloads the x64 component add-on, opens and prints just fine both locally and from both Firefox 3.5 and IE8, no crashes what-so-ever. PDF print-engine also working without any hiccups, as does Distiller.

Have found however that the update to build 9.1.2 strips out all the Acrobat icon caches and kills the thumbnail previews, often displaying a blank page for the icon... thus am running original build on both notebooks (both running Win7 x64).

Now, I can think of the most likely candidate for Acro Pro 9 crashing, and it has NOTHING to do with x64 compatibility. BOTH the Acro Pro executable (C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 9.0\Acrobat\Acrobat.exe) AND the updater executables (C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Updater6\Adobe_Updater.exe & AdobeUpdaterInstallMgr.exe) MUST be running with elevated (admin) privileges.... especially the updater components, or else Windows will not allow updates to be applied. My guess is that if Acro Pro 9 is trying to perform ANY tasks which it has not the permission for (due to not being run as elevated task), Windows shuts it down as a matter of self-preservation.

The only other possibility I can think of off hand is that there may be a compatibility issue with Acro's 2 start-up processes, AcroTray and Adobe Acrobat (acrobat_sl.exe) - they are both x86 process so is highly possible. I automatically disable any start processes Acrobat adds as a matter of course via MSConfig (I don't see need to add 30 seconds to my boot time to save a couple of seconds on loading a PDF). Would be more inclined to think it would be the latter process though, as AcroTray remains as a running process after opening a PDF anyhow.

If you have a cracked version:
1) To crack any software is illegal.
2) The problem is in the cracked file "AMTLibWrapper.dll", keep the original file and try another way to activate it.

Have found however that the update to build 9.1.2 strips out all the Acrobat icon caches and kills the thumbnail previews, often displaying a blank page for the icon... thus am running original build on both notebooks (both running Win7 x64).

Now, I can think of the most likely candidate for Acro Pro 9 crashing, and it has NOTHING to do with x64 compatibility. BOTH the Acro Pro executable (C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 9.0\Acrobat\Acrobat.exe) AND the updater executables (C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Updater6\Adobe_Updater.exe & AdobeUpdaterInstallMgr.exe) MUST be running with elevated (admin) privileges.... especially the updater components, or else Windows will not allow updates to be applied. My guess is that if Acro Pro 9 is trying to perform ANY tasks which it has not the permission for (due to not being run as elevated task), Windows shuts it down as a matter of self-preservation.

I'm not sure I fully agree with my friend kaninelupus.

My Acrobat Pro 9 Extended is at 9.1.3 and this all achieved with no elevated updater privileges in Vista. I've just set them to see what happens in future - sheer curiosity.

BUT... Acrobat 9 is not a stable product. It does sometimes stop responding; I c an't for the heck of it get Read Out Aloud working. PDFMAKER disappears in the Registry so that sometimes you can't create a tagged PDF from WORD. Things like that. Damn annoying, in fact.

I'm not sure I fully agree with my friend kaninelupus.

My Acrobat Pro 9 Extended is at 9.1.3 and this all achieved with no elevated updater privileges in Vista. I've just set them to see what happens in future - sheer curiosity.

Maybe that was a bug which finally got sorted out. I do remember when Vista first rolled out, couldn't for the life of me get Acro Pro (v8 from memory) without activating full admin account and installing from there... one of only 2 apps I had to do this with.

Still bugged about the smart-icons being wiped out. Not updating till that one sorted out.

anyone came up with a solution yet?
it's becoming irritating
it just closes down
with no reason
no error messages
no nothing
did any of u manage to get around it?
:confused:

This thread has not been solved at all.
I have this Acrobat 9 closing after 5 seconds open.
Version is legal and Windows Vista legal as well.
Has someone found the solution to this?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.