i running win xp pro w/ SP1 and i'm having trouble uninstalling a certain program. when i attempt to uninstall, it hangs on the "gathering information" screen (about half way). i let it sit over night in case it needed time but it was at the same place in the morn. it's not your normal program (coldfusion mx) so i know it's a little more involved in my system. what are my other options here?

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

When you say 'a certain program' does that mean you can't tell us what it is?

When you say 'a certain program' does that mean you can't tell us what it is?

well, i did mention it. the wording was a little wack. the program is coldfusion mx.

so i finally got it. what i did was i just kept running the uninstall. it would lock up every time and finally on the 5th time it made it through. i'm not sure what caused this. maybe because i have over 140 program installed and only 1.5 gb free on my hdd?

so i finally got it. what i did was i just kept running the uninstall. it would lock up every time and finally on the 5th time it made it through. i'm not sure what caused this. maybe because i have over 140 program installed and only 1.5 gb free on my hdd?

Just curisous if you tried Safe mode or not !!:)

Just curisous if you tried Safe mode or not !!:)

no, i didn't try safe mode. prob should have but i didn't see your post till after i got it off

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.