I was looking into my task manager ... and I got that my pc was using 120 MB as paging file while about 150 MB of my ram was still not used. I wonder why is it so? And if I want all of my ram to be utilized .. then what should I do?

By the way I have 256 MB of ram.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

And if I want all of my ram to be utilized .. then what should I do?

Open up some big programs...they will eat up as much memory as they can:)

I was looking into my task manager ... and I got that my pc was using 120 MB as paging file while about 150 MB of my ram was still not used. I wonder why is it so? And if I want all of my ram to be utilized .. then what should I do?

By the way I have 256 MB of ram.

256 is not really enough to have if you want to stop using paging file ,It would work but you would be always getting a message that resources are running low .or out of memory message .about 1gig of memory would be the best .
to change it you ,right click on mycomputer go properties/advanced /performance/settings/advanced /virtual memory /change /turn off paging file

I dont want my page file to be disabled .. but at the same time I want my ram to be used more .. not the pagefile.

Windows actively moves files that you are not using out of active memory so whatever program you are using is getting the attention it deserves.

However if you dont want to using as much pagefile, dont give yourself that much.

I dont want my page file to be disabled .. but at the same time I want my ram to be used more .. not the pagefile.

This might be what you need .Memory tweak guide And This site also .Here

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.