one week ago i decide to instal the service pack 2 of windows. I was usin firefox update 3 as mi browser an did not use the internet explorer 6 but then i instal the service pack 2 an fire fox star to display an error screen like if dosent have internet conetion i star usin ie6 but i make the up grade to ie7 and give the same truble after the instalation now i dont have internet browser on mi computer. I'll apreciate eny help please!!

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Hi,
Try this to start with,

Verify Window’s Files

1. Go “START”, “RUN” type “CMD” Press “OK” or Boot PC into “safe mode with command prompt”
2. Type sfc /scannow (note:- space after sfc)
3. Windows file protection will check your files. Follow any prompts; you may be required to use your XP CD.
4. Re-boot your PC

I dit that but i still have the problem

Hi.

Try a few simple things:-

Clean Boot

1. Go “Start”
2. “Run”
3. Type “msconfig”
4. Click “OK”
5. Click “Services”
6. Check box “Hide all Microsoft services”
7. Click “Disable All”
8. Click “Apply”
9. Click “Restart”
10. System will reboot, Check if problem still exists. (Do not access the internet or open any file you are unsure of as you have no virus protector running.)
11. If problem is fixed, enable the disabled items 1 at a time until you find the one causing the problem. If not fixed, re-enable all and re-boot.

On-line Virus Scan

Go to one or all of these sites and do an online virus scan.

housecall.trendmicro.com

security.symantec.com

us.mcafee.com/root/mfs/default.asp

Check Malware

Go to http://www.besttechie.net/tools/mbam-setup.exe
and download and run Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.

Check Spyware

Go to www.safer-networking.org and download and run Spybot

that solv mi problem now i just have to do the clickin ting but you solv mi problem thanks for your time an help

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.