one week ago i decide to instal the service pack 2 of windows. I was usin firefox update 3 as mi browser an did not use the internet explorer 6 but then i instal the service pack 2 an fire fox star to display an error screen like if dosent have internet conetion i star usin ie6 but i make the up grade to ie7 and give the same truble after the instalation now i dont have internet browser on mi computer. I'll apreciate eny help please!!
1. Go “START”, “RUN” type “CMD” Press “OK” or Boot PC into “safe mode with command prompt”
2. Type sfc /scannow (note:- space after sfc)
3. Windows file protection will check your files. Follow any prompts; you may be required to use your XP CD.
4. Re-boot your PC
1. Go “Start”
3. Type “msconfig”
4. Click “OK”
5. Click “Services”
6. Check box “Hide all Microsoft services”
7. Click “Disable All”
8. Click “Apply”
9. Click “Restart”
10. System will reboot, Check if problem still exists. (Do not access the internet or open any file you are unsure of as you have no virus protector running.)
11. If problem is fixed, enable the disabled items 1 at a time until you find the one causing the problem. If not fixed, re-enable all and re-boot.
On-line Virus Scan
Go to one or all of these sites and do an online virus scan.