Im planning to reformat my laptop coz its infected with lots of viruses and I cant use a lot of applications, and got a bluescreen background... and I cant change my background because everytime I change it nothing happens... there was this AntiMalware2009 which I havent installed and scanned about 248 infections in my laptop and wants me to buy the software so that it will fix everything...I had a working antivir but did not solve eveything when I scanned it...

I want to to know how to backup important drivers for my Laptop before I reformat...and
how to reinstall these drivers...

Im using windows vista ultimate, and an Acer Laptop but cant use e-recovery... :(

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Before you reformat, I suggest you pay a visit to the Virus, Spyware etc. forum under Windows. There's a couple of stickies on how to find problems and you can post your thread there and someone will guide you through finding these bugs!

Before you reformat, I suggest you pay a visit to the Virus, Spyware etc. forum under Windows. There's a couple of stickies on how to find problems and you can post your thread there and someone will guide you through finding these bugs!

I am curious why you can't use erecovery. Why is this? Did you delete the partition?

If the partition is there boot into safe mode and use erecovery to burn and drivers and apps dvd. This will require 1 blank dvd.

Even if you decide to take the previous posters suggestion to fix the virus's which i would also suggest as recovery should always be the last option you would still want to create this disks as it makes it much easier to do a recovery if necessary. Also acer drivers are a pain as their website is not all the good for getting drivers and usually doesn't contain all of them you need.

Go to the system manufacturers website and download the drivers for you system, you can do this after you install windows but it's probably safer to just download them and put them on disk first.

They'll usually be self extracting zip files with an EXE to install.

I did not reformat my laptop heres some of the problems i noticed..

everytime I try to run set desktop background and change screensaver in the control panel I receive an error message which says

"Your system administrator has disabled launching of Display Settings Control Panel"

and one thing also when I right click my mouse on desktop and choose personalize there's no such thing as set background and change screensaver on the menu...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.