1st The firewall and anti virus should always be running dont turn them off or close them out they should always stay in the tool bar at the bottom right.

Now about the limited account issue. Just right click on the app your trying to run and click RUN AS then choose your ROOT/ADMIN account then enter your ADMIN password you have to have a password though. Post back
see now viruses/Trojans cant execute themselves without a ADMIN/ROOT password.

Im dont want to close the firewall or AVG, im just asking because i want to know, how did it decide I can close AVG but not the firewall?

ok, i dont know whats going on with the interenet thing, when i try to run Cmanager , it said it is in use by someone else on the computer, i restarted, made sure no one else was logged on, and it still said this

If I just open my browser, it says only administraters blah blah can connet, but then pops up the log in, and if i type the Interenet account password in I get on...

so basicly, why does it says the connection manager is being used by someone else, and why can I still log onto the internet, after it says only admin can get it, and i didnt enter my admin password

Are you using SYGATE firewall?If so open it up and hit applications and see what your blocking and not blocking.
Now on the AVG closing down that might happend time from time just log on your ROOT account and turn it on. Then switch back over.
Download STARTER this will tell you what APP's have running on boot when you turn on your computer make sure that AVG and SYGATE are starting up on boot.

BAH!!!

Just to clarify on what B has said here that is "right click" then --> "run as". Just didn't want you to get confused.

Your browser (what you surf the internet with)

ok i know its not intentional, and your just trying to help, but I feel like im being patronized

ok, Your not listening to what im saying, or maybe im not explaining myself well!!

ok first, there is NO problem at all witht eh firewall or AVG, I dont need to shut it down, I dont want, if I really needed to i know I could from the admin, Im simply asking WHY cant I shutdown the firewall, but I can AVG from my limited account, how did it decide i h ave the privelage to turn one of and not the other.

Ok first problem, When this account used to be admin, on startup, it launched Cmanager, it logged in automaticly. Now it first says I need to be admin to use it, i did as you said and ran the thing(entered my admin password) and it said its being used by someone else, i restarted a few times, it says that EVERY time i try to do it, i never had this problem before, no other accounts are logged in.

ok, but, I cam get on the internet if I open my browser, and the loggin screen for the internet comes up, and it asks me for my INTERNET password, i enter it, and I can get on. Somehow there is 2 different ways I can get on(well before anyway) The Cmanager that comes up and connects automaticly, and the other log in thing thats asks for the account name and password, I dont know whats exactly up with that.

"INTERNET PASSWORD"
Ive never seen this strange text before myself WATSON!!!

Internet (Service provider) Password !

Hello! Anyone could help me please.

I'm working at a computer cafe and my job task their is to complete reformat the computer but I'm not familiar on it. How to delete and install a new windows, please help me. I need urgent reply.Thank you.

Hi all
My computer had become terribly slow because of viruses(I was running XP) so I installed XP again in another partition..
after that I copied all my data to a USB drive and deleted all files and formatted the drive that contained the original install of XP..
now when the computer starts it still gives me the option of starting from the new install or the old install..
the old one obviously doesn't work..but I actuallu meant to remove it and all other content from that drive ..but xp didn't get properly removed

can anyone tell me how to fix this?
Many thanks

Hello! Anyone could help me please.

I'm working at a computer cafe and my job task their is to complete reformat the computer but I'm not familiar on it. How to delete and install a new windows, please help me. I need urgent reply.Thank you.

I wish I read this b4 I screwed up my pc
this page tells you how to do it:
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/875350

Go to windows
Look at BOOT.INI in C:\ that where it is unless your boot disk is not C:
open it with an editor; Look at the two lines thet describe the starting disk - remove the one you don't want - and if the default is to be changed do that !

thanks a lot Salim, I'll check it out!!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.