Hi everyone!
This is my first time to this site and loving it already. Ok let's see, I ran one of those driver update programs and the results said I needed to update these drivers:

Intel(R) 82801DB Ultra ATA Storage Controller - 24CB
ViewSonic VE155
Broadcom 440x 10/100 Integrated Controller
SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio
Intel(R) 82801DB/DBM USB Universal Host Controller - 24C7
Intel(R) 82801DB/DBM USB Universal Host Controller - 24C4
Intel(R) 82801DB/DBM USB Universal Host Controller - 24C2

I have a Dell Dimension 2400 series. Can anyone help me??

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

To find and download drivers for your pc, it is always advisable to go directly to your manufacturers website, and download it from there. You normally need your pc serial number and some other info to be sure that the drivers you are downloading is applicable to your mo.

So go here: http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/index.aspx and see if you can login there and search for your drivers.

does dell website really helped? if no PM me screen shot of your device manager. I Will do this for you and free

go to the dell website into driver support and enter your service tag, it will show all drivers for your build.

Well, here's what happened... I went to Dell's website through the link provided, put my info in, downloaded and installed the first 3 reccommended drivers and now I am having major problems with my computer. it takes 40 minutes to load a webpage. I tried to do a system recovery but was unable to... even tried through safe mode.... on the last step where you confirm I click the buttton and nothing happens.. Right now I'm not sure what to do.
I do want to thank you all for your help.

Hugs,
Chell

Does it take 40 minutes after your webbrowser is opened to load content from a webpage, or does your browser takes 40 minutes to open before you can start surfing?

go to control panel /system/hardware/device manager , hit the plus by your networking lower down in the list ,right click on what comes up when it opens ,go to properties/driver and in there do a roll back driver ,see what happens

Well after doing several scans..... I think I ran 4 anti-virus programs before they picked up a trojan virus, removed it and cleaned the registry things seem to be working fine again.

Not so sure I want to download anymore drivers from dell right now....lol

You all are so helpful and wonderful. I'm a little embarrassed to say I used to be a great PC Tech about 8 years ago. Now I am disabled and as the saying goes...'Don't use it, you lose it'. So true!!!

Oh and I'm not saying I got the virus from Dell, it could of just been a coincidence but that's the only thing I have recently downloaded. And I can't believe these programs didn't pick it up.

Glad to hear things are working fine again. Just as an added precaution, never have more than one AV Program on your machine at one time. They may have conflict to each other. Choose the best one of the 4 you ran, and keep that one. If you are sure everything is now running nicely, you may mark this threat as solved.

Good luck.

Sorry for the confusion, what I meant was I ran 4 online scans. I do only have one AV program installed but it wasn't picking up the virus.

Anyway, thank you all again for your help.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.