help . please help me? i am having trouble with my laptop. the arrow/cursor has a mind of its own and wants to go to to the start bar at the foot of the page or the X possition at the top right hand side of the page as if to close things down. i have no control using the scratch pad when this is happening. i have also tried using an external mouse and the same thing is happening. i lose control for several minutes at a time when this is happening. i don't go on line using the laptop so it can't be a virus. HELP ME PLEASE? THERE MUST BE SOMEONE OUT THERE WHO KNOWS WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY LAPTOP ?

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Hi,
Try going, Start, Control Panel, Printers and other hardware, Mouse and then select the Pointer tab. Ensure that the "Snap to" button is not checked.

already tried that, keeping it simple , STUPID. any other ideas ?

already tried that, keeping it simple , STUPID. any other ideas ?

i hope you are calling yourself Stupid!!lol

try uninstall the mouse/mouse pad .in device manager ,rebooting and reinstalling drivers ,maybe.
if you take files from other sources and copy them to the laptop you can get viruses ,don't need to connect to the internet to get them .if that does nothing try downloading and running www.superantispyware.com tool to check for nastiest that may be causing it

Hi again,
It would help if you detailed what you had tried and what you have not, we are here to help you and we need help to understand your problem. For you to reply with a statement like that is totally uncalled for!
I hope that you will do as suggested and don't reply to him in the same manor, as far as I am concerned, I will be of no further help to you.

Hi again,
It would help if you detailed what you had tried and what you have not, we are here to help you and we need help to understand your problem. For you to reply with a statement like that is totally uncalled for!
I hope that you will do as suggested and don't reply to him in the same manor, as far as I am concerned, I will be of no further help to you.

I am sorry about the reply, i mis-read the keep it simple stupid. i am new to computers and technical jargon. I thought that you were calling me stupid because i did not know how to fix a problem. a simple mis-read quote. try to be careful when sending someone technical help, people do get stressed when things are not working the way they should and it is so easy to mis-read an answer when in actual fact you are trying to help. so once again , I AM SORRY.

I am sorry about the reply, i mis-read the keep it simple stupid. i am new to computers and technical jargon. I thought that you were calling me stupid because i did not know how to fix a problem. a simple mis-read quote. try to be careful when sending someone technical help, people do get stressed when things are not working the way they should and it is so easy to mis-read an answer when in actual fact you are trying to help. so once again , I AM SORRY.

ha, i never even see the quote till now !
anyway did you try uninstalling and reinstalling the device

try uninstall the mouse/mouse pad .in device manager ,rebooting and reinstalling drivers ,maybe.
if you take files from other sources and copy them to the laptop you can get viruses ,don't need to connect to the internet to get them .if that does nothing try downloading and running www.superantispyware.com tool to check for nastiest that may be causing it

Hi, thanks for your help. i tried everything you asked me to do to no avail. What i ended up doing was un-installing the scratchpad pointers and i am now using a usb mouse which seems to be working fine. I think that there is a major porblem under the scratch pad. I also ran superantispyware and it detected nothing. Once again, thank you for your help. I am just sorry that i offended the other person who tried to help me.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.