When I Boot My Comp I Get A Message On My Desktop Note Pad That Reads: Localizedresourcename=@%\systemroot%\system32\shell32.dll,-21787......what Does This Mean

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

eh? as in notepad just opens and displays that text?

look in start/prog files/startup and see if there is a text file in there? if so it's a joke

ELSE which is more likely you have a broken registry entry, after i googled it, that -21787 seemed not to be a common code have you tried booting in safe mode? and are there any problems with any programs you've installed/altered lately?

eh? as in notepad just opens and displays that text?

look in start/prog files/startup and see if there is a text file in there? if so it's a joke

ELSE which is more likely you have a broken registry entry, after i googled it, that -21787 seemed not to be a common code have you tried booting in safe mode? and are there any problems with any programs you've installed/altered lately?

yeah it just pops up as soon as the desktop appears...no no other program is giving me problems...how do i fix a broken registry entry?....when i look in start/prog/start.....the desktop file that pops up is in there.....type:config. settings

are you using windows XP if so goto control pannel/admintools/event viewer look under application or system and see if the error is in there, it may give more info..

are you using windows XP if so goto control pannel/admintools/event viewer look under application or system and see if the error is in there, it may give more info..

yeah and i looked in the event viewer and cant seem to find it in there...at least i dont think its in there.............its in the start up under programs should i delete it in there??? also it says shellclassinfo.32

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.