Is there any possible way I can get a server to run a standard windows app that can access the internet? If so, how do I do it and spend the least amount of money?

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

what do you mean?

sorry, but I'm not the must tech inclined person.

I'm looking for a server/computer that i can get where I can install and run a normal windows xp application. I have an app that I want to keep connected to the internet but, I turn my computer off when I'm not using it.

oh right

why not just keep your computer on?

lets just say its better off running multiple copies of this program at one time =]

let me make it more simpler.

I want to know if there is any company or service out there that would install windows xp on a server so that I can run regular apps on that server.

I have an app that I want to keep connected to the internet but, I turn my computer off when I'm not using it.

you would be the next Bill Gates if you can figure that one out ! running apps with the computer turned off! sounds like a winner to me !

let me make it more simpler.

I want to know if there is any company or service out there that would install windows xp on a server so that I can run regular apps on that server.

any computer can be used as a server ,all it means is you use it only for that purpose! i assume you have the regular apps you talk about .have a read here .mind you i know nothing about any of this ,just a google search result .
http://www.google.ca/search?q=setting+up+a+server&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Theres no way i can purchase server space from a company and install a windows app on it?

Theres no way i can purchase server space from a company and install a windows app on it?

if that is a question and not a statement ,sorry i 'm not sure if that is possible .

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.