LordReserei 0 Newbie Poster

Hey,

I was wondering if some one could help me. For about a year now, ever since I upgraded my motherboard and cpu, my motherboard's BIOS detects my DVD-RW drive but if I try to open the drive, nothing happens as if there's no power what so ever, no activity. I boot my PC, log on and it's nowhere to be seen in the device manager or any other diagnostic program.

I've tried changing the IDE cables (I know, I should get SATA but all I had when I got the drive was just IDE before the motherboard upgrade), the PSU connectors, even tried getting a new PSU to see if that'd sort it but it hasn't and didn't.

It kind of sucks because the ammount of times I've needed to format and lost some data due to being unable to back up or make another partition, my HDD usually gets full and I haven't gotten around to getting another or external HDD. If there's something, somehow or some one that can suggest something or who have been in a similar situation that could help, it'd be much appreciated.

Thank you for your time and I'll look forward to hearing anything from anyone who could help. =)