Contributors
Replies
Views
9 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by caperjack

Hi William,
I have lots of ideas, can you tell us anything about your computer, your connection or anything that can help us tell you what could be wrong

Go to command prompt in Start > All Programs > Acceceries > command prompt. After that type ipconfig/renew if that dosent work you might have entered the wrong password for youre network connection.

Hi William,
I have lots of ideas, can you tell us anything about your computer, your connection or anything that can help us tell you what could be wrong

Hello Bob:
My computer is an HP running Windows XP2. I connect to the internet by a dial-up connection. The last session I had on this computer I believe I updated the paid AVG that is installed before I shut down. I don't know if this means anything. If you have any other questions that may help you determine the problem, please let me know!!!

Hi,
It sounds like you may have picked up a virus not detected by AVG and that is stopping you getting a page to download. Try starting your PC in safe mode with networking and then search google for the site of some online anti virus checks and run 1 or more of them. You could also try some anti-mallware programs

Bob:
Perhaps this is an odd question but how do I start my PC in safe mode with networking

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.