Today (christmas) I got a sound blaster audigy! I was so happy and I put it in my computer right away (mobo is a msi km4m-v). I started up and windows automatically installed the drivers for it from the CD. Then it rebooted and I am stuck in the never ending reboot loop. I tried to do a repair install on my drive. (SATA DRIVE) I put in the SATA driver floppy and loaded the drivers. Windows began to do its thing and right before it should have let me select the drive, I go the blue screen of death and it said that there was an error with my drivers. I tried making a new driver floppy from the internet with no avail. I had 2 other hard drives around the house but alas both were broken. I dont mind reinstalling everything at this point but what can I do without buying a new hard drive?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Just curious but have you pulled the new sound card to see if it would repair itself?

What other cards are in the system...?

Just curious but have you pulled the new sound card to see if it would repair itself?

What other cards are in the system...?

I did try that. The only other card in the system is my Radeon 9200

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.