i have a strange problem with IE7, when saving sites to favourites menu i get an error message, ie has generated errors and will be closed. There is no virus in my system, there was no prob with IE 6. Mozilla works fine, but donno where the favourites stored and to backup them

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

I use Nod 32 antivirus with full updates, so no chance of virus. I use xoftspy and ad-aware for cleaning spyware

plz plz help me

my system is celeron 2 Ghz and 1 GB RAM, by the way does this system support 80 GB HDD

i will come back again and hope for solution, thanks

no help very sad

Hello,

Well, i have tried everything i can think of that will solve your problem.. but i got no where.

The Favourites for Internet Explorer are kept as follows C:\Documents and Settings\*Username*\Favoutires

The Mozilla Bookmarks / Favourites are kept as follows (you need show hidden files on!!!) C:\Documents and Settings\*Username*\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profile\*Folder*\Bookmarkbackups

Hope this helps :)

Cohen :)

It seems that this issue may or may not be caused by add-ons and or other programs installed on your system or browser.

See if this handy solution can help you: http://support.microsoft.com/gp/pc_ie_symptoms0010

Let us know how you're doing.

Update your IE7 from Microsoft can be helped.
If you're using IE6 than install IE7 it can be a problem too. You'd beter find or install the OS that has already integrated IE7 like xp sp2.
I used to get this problem when I used xp no sp with IE6, then install IE7 on it.

Thanks.

Update your IE7 from Microsoft can be helped.
If you're using IE6 than install IE7 it can be a problem too. You'd beter find or install the OS that has already integrated IE7 like xp sp2.
I used to get this problem when I used xp no sp with IE6, then install IE7 on it.

Thanks.

What?

The only operating system so far, available, that has IE7 installed in it, is Vista! Not XP!

I would try uninstalled IE7.... and then downloading IE7 from the MS site and then try reinstalling it again.... See what happens...

Cohen :-/

You'd beter find or install the OS that has already integrated IE7 like xp sp2. I used to get this problem when I used xp no sp with IE6, then install IE7 on it.

You can only run IE7 on SP2 or SP3. NEITHER include IE7 by default.

Only OSes to ship with IE7 are Vista and Server 2008

hey cohen.

I have been running ie7 on xp for around 6mo. just so you know. it works fine. ok i install it on pc's that are afraid of firefox (I love techniphobes) that aere having issues with ie 5/6. so it works fine. if that was your ?Q?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.