in my windows mail i can use the find message option to find who my mail is from. i put the name in the from section and click find now, the message i'm looking from is found then windows mail freezes and i can't do another search. Could this be because i have a lot of e-mails in my inbox folder or is it because im using norton antivirus. Can anyone please help me? thanx a lot

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

OS?
Specs?
Version of windows search?

try to disable first your anti virus then do the same thing...check for any difference..

in my windows mail i can use the find message option to find who my mail is from. i put the name in the from section and click find now, the message i'm looking from is found then windows mail freezes and i can't do another search. Could this be because i have a lot of e-mails in my inbox folder or is it because im using norton antivirus. Can anyone please help me? thanx a lot

Hi Puk,

This is Mike from the Norton Authorized Support Team.

What are the specs of your machine and what Norton product and version are you using? Make sure that you have all of the latest Microsoft patches applied and that you have enough free disk space and a sufficient amount of free RAM.

I would suggest running LiveUpdate manually, then restart into Windows Safe Mode and run a "Full System Scan" with your Norton product to make sure the problem is not caused by infections.

Thank you,
Mike

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.