I am a newbie, but have read many threads somewhat close to my problem, however the solutions did not solve my problem. 99% of the time I open IE6 (my homepage is google) I get the message, "Page cannot be displayed". This also happens for msn.com, netscape.com, yahoo.com, and a local news website - click2houston.com & sometimes other websites. The only remedy thus far is refreshing several times and the page shows up (but the header still reads "cannot be displayed...). Sometimes the pictures are in the wrong place too, but again refreshing has been the only remedy. I have a Dell Optiplex with WinXP Pro SP2 already factory installed. All of the updates have been installed for Windows and Norton. The other three computers on the network do not have this problem (none of the other pc's have XP - only win98, and win2000). All pc's connect to a switch and the switch is connected to a DSL Router modem. I have contacted my ISP, and I lowered the cookie settings to LOW & Turned off the XP firewall, but it did not work as well until I turned off Norton, but I do not want to leave it off, plus I do not think that Norton is the prob, but I'm no expert.
Sorry for the long post, but I relly could use some help.
Thank you

P.S. I have HJT, AdAware, CWShredder, and Spybot - Spybot picked up a few little things, but no fix.
Just tried Mozilla and instead of the "Page cannot be displayed" message, I get a pop up ALter reading: "www."website".com cannot be found. Please check the name and try again"

You can find a link to Hijackthis (aka HJT), as well as other useful advice in this thread:

Make sure you get the latest version of HJT (1.99) and post it in the Viruses, Spyware, and other Nasties forum (formerly known as the Security forum)