russia5 0 Newbie Poster

Hello, I believe I have a problem with my Windows XP install program. I run accross the problem while trying to install Apache server. I got a dialog box telling me that there was a problem with installation caused by 1. a problem with my Windows installation program or 2. I was running in Safe mode. I am not running in safe mode. I then found a discussion telling me to 1. Download a Windows Installer Cleanup program from Microsoft http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=290301#kb2

Problem 1. I can't install it without the install working.

and

2. Download the Microsoft Windows installer program.

Problem is, the fix was for Win2000 installer program. For WinXP, it appears that the Installer program is part of SP2.

Problem 2 - I installed SP2, but I don't know if it is working. I know the install isn't perfectly happy.

I did run Norton Virus scan and cleaned up 4 virus.

Can anyone give me some advice? First, how do I get the cleanup working and second, how do I get the instal working.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.