I had some problems a few days ago that screwed with my Office 2002. Nothing would work and instead it would prompt to install using Proplus.msi. I used System Restore to get everything back to normal. All Office programs are now working but these prompts to install Office still are popping up all over the place. I can press "Cancel" and continue to use the application but they won't go away. Any ideas? I have lost the CD so I can't reinstall.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Time to buy another version. www.ivorcom.com has cheap Office products. I would recommand you get Office 2003.

Jimmy

I had some problems a few days ago that screwed with my Office 2002. Nothing would work and instead it would prompt to install using Proplus.msi. I used System Restore to get everything back to normal. All Office programs are now working but these prompts to install Office still are popping up all over the place. I can press "Cancel" and continue to use the application but they won't go away. Any ideas? I have lost the CD so I can't reinstall.

Hello,

It sounds to me that you need to remove Office 2002, and re-boot, and then re-install it. If you cannot find the media, you should be able to contact Microsoft, and offer them a legitimate license key and see if they can send you some new media.

Of course, holding onto your originals is another concept indeed. OF the software I purchase, I make a backup copy of the disk, and store that copy at my parent's place in a nice orderly box in the event mine gets fried.

Christian

....you should be able to contact Microsoft, and offer them a legitimate license key and see if they can send you some new media.

I doubt that very much. With the wide availability of this information, Microsoft would be offering up tons of software a day. I am sure that this is not honored there.

:cool:

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.