Hello every1,

I am having a MAJOR problem with my IE7 browser. It seems that every other page I try to visit using this browser, I get redirect to the ask.askredirect/search page. I don't know how did this BHO got installed on my machine (windows xp pro).

I tried to find this BHO on my list of programs in the uninstall thingy from the control panel. But, it's not there.

I use this browser out of need bcoz my employer's web apps only deal with IE.

I ran spybot and adaware but neither took care of the problem. I am attaching here the log from hijackthis.

I hope someone can spare sometime to help me here.

Thanks in advance.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

in my signature get superantispyware and install ,update and run a full scan ,and fix all it finds

Thank you very much for your help. So far, it seems that the problem has gone away.

SUPERAntiSpyware Free Edition seems to have taken care of it.

Your help is greatly appreciated :)

Hello again: I spoke too soon. The problem still persists.
Any other thoughts will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot. I followed your advice and posted the log files in the spyware and other nasties forum.

Cheers

Thanks a lot. I followed your advice and posted the log files in the spyware and other nasties forum.

Cheers

good luck

Cheers

, i should have told to copy and paste the logs ,sorry ,good luck

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.