I am trying to find a good ram boosting programme (Ram defragmenter) that will work with XP and 3Gbt Ram. Previously when I had 2Gbt Ram I used FreeMem Pro 5 and was very happy with it. Unfortunately FreeMem does not work with 3Gbt Ram so I had to uninstall it.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Kind Regards
Chris

Recommended Answers

All 18 Replies

Hi,
There are plenty of memory boosting programs out there but not many of us with 3 or more gigs of RAM to know what is what in that regard.

I wish you luck!

Is memory boosting program effective?
Does it really improves the performance
of the RAM and after using it ,do you think
that we donot have to increase the RAM?

Is memory boosting program effective?
Does it really improves the performance
of the RAM and after using it ,do you think
that we donot have to increase the RAM?

Mem boost can sometimes work if the program is a good one...in order to find out which ones are good will take a little bit of online research, more than likely you decide which is best for you. Of coarse increasing ram is good. Different types of OS's can only handle a certain amount of ram, so a person may not see improvement if an OS can handle 2 gigs, and a person installs 3 gigs. I know that a common mistake people make is that they will load their new PC's with lots of RAM, but then they get a slow rpm on their hard drive, and a slow processor. So, depending on what your usage is for a computer depends on wether or not a person should upgrade their ram, while keeping in mind if their computer can even handle it.

I have tried 4 ram boosting programmes so far, FreeMem Pro, Ram Booster Pro Free Ram Optimiser and one that came free with my MSI motherboard. Unfortunately none of them work with 3Gbt Ram on XP. They only work with 2Gbt.

There must be one out there that works with 3Gbt!

Kind Regards
Chris

Mem boost can sometimes work if the program is a good one...in order to find out which ones are good will take a little bit of online research, more than likely you decide which is best for you. Of coarse increasing ram is good. Different types of OS's can only handle a certain amount of ram, so a person may not see improvement if an OS can handle 2 gigs, and a person installs 3 gigs. I know that a common mistake people make is that they will load their new PC's with lots of RAM, but then they get a slow rpm on their hard drive, and a slow processor. So, depending on what your usage is for a computer depends on wether or not a person should upgrade their ram, while keeping in mind if their computer can even handle it.

I didnot understand, how can increasing the RAM in a computer cause a slow proccessing and a slow rpm on a hard drive?

By RPM do you mean Rotation or Response per minute?

Regards,

I didnot understand, how can increasing the RAM in a computer cause a slow proccessing and a slow rpm on a hard drive?

By RPM do you mean Rotation or Response per minute?

Regards,

I was in somewhat of a hurry when I typed that post. I did not mean to relay that the ram can slow your processor, or that ram can slow your HD. I simply meant that if you load a computer with lots of ram and the computer does not have the capability to utilize the ram, than you have simply wasted your time and money on the upgrade. Often time people will purchase a computer with a slow HD, or a slow processor, and expect that a ram upgrade will solve the issue. Your computer must have the proper 'balance' in order to reap the benefits of an upgrade...sorry for the confusion!

I agree with you on this point, because a
CPU(Processor) should be compatible with
the memory of the system, right?

If the CPU is just 900GHz and you increase
the RAM from 256MB to 1GB for example,
than the Processors performance will be
definitely slow especially when you have lot of applications and softwares installed in the Computer .

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks

By the way what does RPM stands for?

Is it Rotation Per Minute or Response per
Minute?

I hope my question is clear

Regards,

i would guess revolutions per minute, never hear of Response per minuter ,nano seconds maybe!lol

i would guess revolutions per minute, never hear of Response per minuter ,nano seconds maybe!lol

Yes, Caperjack is correct, it is revolutions per minute...If I recommend a speed to anyone for a harddrive, it is 10,000 rpm.

it is 10,000 rpm.

sweet i just bought a Dell Precision 450 workstation [just for fun ,something to play with ] with a 36 gig scsi 10,000 rpm /xeon 2gig cpu ,512 ram [will need a bit more ],nice machine just like new ,no os ,pd $89.00 cdn

I am trying to find a good ram boosting programme (Ram defragmenter) that will work with XP and 3Gbt Ram. Previously when I had 2Gbt Ram I used FreeMem Pro 5 and was very happy with it. Unfortunately FreeMem does not work with 3Gbt Ram so I had to uninstall it.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Kind Regards
Chris

my opinion .no need for a ramboost with 3 gig of ram

Ram defragmenters are a scam.

Ram defragmenters are a scam.

I agree

sweet i just bought a Dell Precision 450 workstation [just for fun ,something to play with ] with a 36 gig scsi 10,000 rpm /xeon 2gig cpu ,512 ram [will need a bit more ],nice machine just like new ,no os ,pd $89.00 cdn

Do you have good plans for your workstation? Great price for system, you could get it loaded, running smoothly, then sell it for a great profit! That is what I do in my spare time!

Do you have good plans for your workstation? Great price for system, you could get it loaded, running smoothly, then sell it for a great profit! That is what I do in my spare time!

yeah me to,i just playing around with different OS's , and virtual pc 2007,right now,just got to find a cheap OS with a legit key to use on it .Gonna try a free Linux version on it today

are you a student?

students can get windows server for free

are you a student?

students can get windows server for free

LOL ,na its been about 36 yrs since i could call myself a student !

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.