I will admit that I know next to nothing about computers, so if this is a stupid question or has already been asked, so be it.
The trouble is, a couple of websites that I used to visit regularly will not come up. I get the old 'Action Canceled' message every time, for some months now. It's a pretty isolated incident, as I don't have any trouble with other websites. The page suggests reloading but that never works. If anybody has any idea how to get around it, please let me know.

13 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by JulesH

Is this a wide selection of sites or just a few of them? Could you let us know what sites they are so we can make sure that they do, indeed, work. It might just be a very awkward coincidence that the sites all happen to be down ;) Well, you never know.

Do you have any other problems with Internet-related applications (i.e. Instant Messenger programs?) Have you tried using alternative browsers such as Mozilla? Does that work, thus making it definitely an Internet Explorer problem?

I am having the same problem - I can get to mail.yahoo.com, but once I enter my user name and password, the webpage does not execute, it just claims to be "Waiting for us.f522.mail.yahoo.com"
Other websites that I can't access that I used to be able to include - www.microsoft.com, www.bankofbutterfield.com

I have run all Spyware / Adware programs - Spybot, Ad-Aware, Microsoft AntiSpyware, I can't find anything unusual in HijackThis - What do you think it could be?

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.