Here is my problem....My sound will not work for MP3's, wmv's, or avi's in Windows Media Player or Winamp. However, WMP and WinAmp will play midi files and my mp3's will work in Quicktime. When I try to start a wmv or avi file in WMP...the movie will play but no sound....when I try to play an MP3 I get the following error message...

"Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There might not be a sound device installed on your computer, it might be in use by another program, or it might not be functioning properly."

I am using a NVIDIA soundcard integrated to my ASUS a7n266-vm motherboard. I have tried reinstalling drivers...I don't know what to do. Please help!!!!

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

go to control panel ,sounds and audio devices .then Audio along the top .and make sure you sound device is in the default field

Yeah...my sound device is in the default field. I have NVIDIA nForce Audio in the default field and I'm pretty sure that is my sound device. I tried removing the NVIDIA drivers and reinstalling them from the ASUS website...no luck. I have even tried putting in a new sound card to see if that would work...but it still does the same thing.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.