i was messing with one of my computers and now its not turning on all the way. when i push the power button my it turns on, the keyboard turns on, i can pop out my cd drives, but thats it, my monitor stays black and its doesnt sound like it starts to load windows. what should i do?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

a little more info is needed like what you messed with !

i was messing with one of my computers and now its not turning on all the way. when i push the power button my it turns on, the keyboard turns on, i can pop out my cd drives, but thats it, my monitor stays black and its doesnt sound like it starts to load windows. what should i do?

i was messing with just about everything, i was swapping cd drives, harddrives, ram, messed with video card, everything.

most likely you have something hooked up wrong ,for anyone here to tell you what you pronlem is we would have to be a Wizzard!
Try atarting over making sure you has drives that need to be master or slave set right ,make sure the primary ied and secondary ied are plugged in to the righr socked ,and hope you didn't fry your ram playing with it.

http://www.buildyourowncomputer.net/learntobuild.html

What is the type of your motherboard .... how many beeps do you hear when the computer starts ?? if less than three ... it's a ram error ... or otherwise check your video card.

What is the type of your motherboard .... how many beeps do you hear when the computer starts ?? if less than three ... it's a ram error ... or otherwise check your video card.

idk what kind of motherboard it is, its a gateway computer. there is no beeps when the computer starts. i dont think its the ram bc i put them in my other comp and they work fine

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.