Hi, I will be installing windows xp on a new Maxtor SATA drive. I know that it is usually necessary to install SATA drivers before installing WinXP on this type of drive. I have the motherboard's CD but am unsure which drivers I will need to put on a floppy. The board is an ASUS P4P800 SE and he is a link to its DL site http://www.asus.com.tw/support/download/item.aspx?ModelName=P4P800%20SE

Any suggestions appreciated.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

I almose sure that when you are installing windows you have to watch the lower screen and wil be prompted to hit F key if you need to load SATA drivers .

I almose sure that when you are installing windows you have to watch the lower screen and wil be prompted to hit F key if you need to load SATA drivers .

Yes I believe it is F6. I am just unsure which drivers to copy onto a floppy from the CD. I know that a SATA drive is usually listed in the bios alongside SCSI, so I am leaning toward those drivers -considering the Motherboard doesn't have SCSI capabilities and thats the closest related folder on the CD.

Yes I believe it is F6. I am just unsure which drivers to copy onto a floppy from the CD. I know that a SATA drive is usually listed in the bios alongside SCSI, so I am leaning toward those drivers -considering the Motherboard doesn't have SCSI capabilities and thats the closest related folder on the CD.

you will need to explore the cd,i think you need to look for RAID drivers and or check the motherboard manufactors site to find the right ones.
http://www.hothardware.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=18&threadid=22321&enterthread=y

I just downloaded the manual for you board from the link in you first post all the info need to make the floppy is in chapter 5 - page 116 .aparently there is a utility on your motherboard Disk to create the floppy ,good luck

I just downloaded the manual for you board from the link in you first post all the info need to make the floppy is in chapter 5 - page 116 .aparently there is a utility on your motherboard Disk to create the floppy ,good luck

thanks caperjack, appreciate the help.

thanks caperjack, appreciate the help.

Your welcome! good luck

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.