OK this is what happened so far.

I left my computer on while i went an watched a movie. During that time it went into stand by mode. When i came back i tried moving the mouse and got no response. The monitor stayed in stand by mode and no activity from the hard disk. After waiting about 5 minutes with no response I hit the reset button. When it came back on everything went as normal. It goes thru the mother board logo, then the device and driver info. and it just stops. normally it goes to the windows XP load screen with the little blue ticker at the bottom. This time it didn't, the screen just goes black. The monitor stays on but there's no activity whatsoever.

So someone said to try and boot from the cdrom and then go from there. So i tried this. Went through the windows setup. and when its done loading the drivers and what not it says at the bottom of the screen: Starting windows...

and it just gets stuck there again. No activity, nothing. just almost like it stops working.

i've asked everyone i know and no one has a clue. any help would be much appreciated.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

OK this is what happened so far.

I left my computer on while i went an watched a movie. During that time it went into stand by mode. When i came back i tried moving the mouse and got no response. The monitor stayed in stand by mode and no activity from the hard disk. After waiting about 5 minutes with no response I hit the reset button. When it came back on everything went as normal. It goes thru the mother board logo, then the device and driver info. and it just stops. normally it goes to the windows XP load screen with the little blue ticker at the bottom. This time it didn't, the screen just goes black. The monitor stays on but there's no activity whatsoever.

So someone said to try and boot from the cdrom and then go from there. So i tried this. Went through the windows setup. and when its done loading the drivers and what not it says at the bottom of the screen: Starting windows...

and it just gets stuck there again. No activity, nothing. just almost like it stops working.

i've asked everyone i know and no one has a clue. any help would be much appreciated.

Sounds like from what I understand your video card is bad. I would start there. Or maybey the monator itself. If you have an extra monator around try that first. If no monitor then replace your video card. Go the cheepest you possibly can so if its not the problem your not out allot of money............

start your system and when windows starts press F8 ... can your windows start in safe mode then ??

Jezz I didnt even think of doing that nan. Thank you for catching my mistake. Have a nice day. Oh just in case. I am being sincere!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.