Hi dears
I had a problem with my windows so I decided to install it again.But when I install it, it never ask me about serial number and after installing my windows shows a lot of errors about dll files.What is the problem?
Thanks
Bye,

Recommended Answers

All 19 Replies

What version of windows?
What procedure did you use to reinstall?

What version of windows?
What procedure did you use to reinstall?

Hi
I format C and install windows again.I think the version is 2007.
Thanks
Bye

The OS is likely to be XP or Vista. Which is it?
Be more specific as to what you did.

Follow the procedure, Boot ur CD ROM first
and REMOVE C Partition and Creae it again and start installation again
it will work

Hi
I format C and install windows again.I think the version is 2007.
Thanks
Bye

windows 2007 is beta ,and if you don't have the latest version of it ,it will do what you experienced

Follow the procedure, Boot ur CD ROM first
and REMOVE C Partition and Creae it again and start installation again
it will work

I did it but it didnt work

The OS is likely to be XP or Vista. Which is it?
Be more specific as to what you did.

It is XP .

What error messages have you received?
If you want help, you have to give us details. So far, this is like pulling teeth.

Try with another OS WINXP, If it work then it may be problem with ur ur OS disk

What error messages have you received?
If you want help, you have to give us details. So far, this is like pulling teeth.

Like ali.dll is destroyed or doesnt find

remove the partitian and reinstall.

remove the partitian and reinstall.

I cant undrestand why you dont find my peroblem.I remove my partion and reinstall for about more 7 times but never ask me about serialnumber .I want to find why it dosent ask me about it?I hope you understand finally.

I cant undrestand why you dont find my peroblem.I remove my partion and reinstall for about more 7 times but never ask me about serialnumber .I want to find why it dosent ask me about it?I hope you understand finally.

perhaps you are using a bootleg copy of windows you downloaded from the net , with the serial number slipstreamed into the disk, or are you using a legit copy of xp that came with you computer and its in the disk too!
who is the manufacture of your computer .
go to mycomputer ,then help in top tool bar,and click on is this copy of windows legal!

perhaps you are using a bootleg copy of windows you downloaded from the net , with the serial number slipstreamed into the disk, or are you using a legit copy of xp that came with you computer and its in the disk too!
who is the manufacture of your computer .
go to mycomputer ,then help in top tool bar,and click on is this copy of windows legal!

I use original windows that was with my laptop when I bought it.

The number is not necessary in many cases.
Is the computer working?

I use original windows that was with my laptop when I bought it.

ok, so did you go to mycomputer and check to see if it was legit ,if its legit don't worry about it not asking for the key

The number is not necessary in many cases.
Is the computer working?

Hi My computer is working but in some softwares like cade havw peroblem and so I installed before and asked me about the serial why now dont ask me?

Hi Zahra,

Im confused. Did you get rid of your problem with the dll errors? Did your windows XP install from a clean and formatted partition? You will continue to have these problems because I believe even though you have tried installing several times all you are doing is overwriting the old windows system files and you wont have to put in your serial because the current install already has this information.

When you install from the cd, you will be prompted to reformat your partition. instead of just clicking and saying yes reformat with ntfs/ quick format etc. Please delete that partition, I believe you need to hit D, then L to confirm. then you have the option to create a new fresh partition from the hard disk space. Let us know what happens.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.