When i click on a favourite an error message pops up saying

'Cannot find the file (web addy) or one of its components. Make sure the path and filename are correct and that all required libraries are available'

Then the website loads anyway in a new window. I just got rid of some viruses it could have taken off something when i fixed these. Its not an urgent matter just it gets really really annoying.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

It seems to me as if "web addy" is some form of spyware that was installed by your virus. Apparently deleting the virus didn't delete web addy along with it.

I've never heard of web addy ... apparently there's a registry setting still in your machine to load that nasty lil bugger whenever you open an IE favorite. However, since deleting the virus deleted "web addy", it can't find the file.

The reason your IE favorites open up anyways is because that's what they're supposed to do. Web addy isn't supposed to be there at all ;)

Sorry by web addy i meant the web address of the website i am trying to get.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.