I am new to this forum and facing a few problems with my PC.
Here goes the first one:
I had a virus attack and had to reformat the machine and install a new OS. My Xp Sp3 hangs when ever I insert a DVD. Earlier I never faced this issue.
Ok. I understand that is has been already discussed a lot. I tried all the things but it seems it does not work.
I am using the following configuration. Its a assembled machine
Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp.080413-2111)
System Manufacturer: ASUS
System Model: A7V266-MX
BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2000+, MMX, 3DNow, ~1.7GHz
Memory: 224MB RAM
Page File: 318MB used, 227MB available
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.5512 32bit Unicode
DVD Model: SONY DVD RW DRU-V200S (A SATA model used as an IDE by using a SATA to IDE converter)
I tried a few things which were already discussed in the earlier posts.
1. Tried Disabling autorun of the DVD rom drive.
2. Pressing SHIFT while inserting the DVD. In this case it does not give any instant problem, but when I try to open some file inside the DVD it hangs.
3. Tried disabling the auto run by editing the registry.
4. Uninstalled Nero completely from the machine.
5. There is only one DVD rom and it is a Secondary master.
6. Not sure how to disable UMDA (can any one guide so that I can try that one too!)
Please help me solving this issue