My sons computer will not boot into windows, he has the genuine windows xp software, when it was running he kept getting a message to validate within so many days , he did not do it as he thought it was already validated, it has now run out and all that happens is it strts up and then logs out and shuts down, can anyone help.
Thanks in anticipation!

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Have you tried entering safemode? (press F8 on boot up).
You could try repairing windows using an XP CD.

Greetings Wun

I will need just a bit more information before I can answer properly.

1) Has this computer been working fine for some time (a few months at least)?
2) The copy of windows you are having problems with; did it come with said system originally... or have you recent purchased it separately?
3) If the system and Windows OS has been unchanged and the same as it always has been, have you made any hardware changes in the computer? Install more memory? A different processor? A new hard drive? Essentially, any changes at all to the computers innards?

I will go out on a limb and state that this problem was probably caused by a "Windows Update" which added "Microsoft Genuine Advantage." Which is an anti-piracy software by Microsoft. It requests you to "Validate" your computer settings once it is downloaded. If you do not permit it to do so, or if it does and finds something different about your computers hardware, it will lock you out.

Now that you are locked out, the only means to correct it is to reinstall your Windows. You'll need to format your hard drive, which will erase any previous data you had stored on your hard drive. Pictures, music, etc, will be deleted. But I am jumping ahead of myself. First provide a bit more information and we can try and guide you down the best path.

Regards,
Trez

Hi,
It is a very nice and valuable collection of information.I am highly oblige for this.

kim

Hi,
It is a very nice and valuable collection of information.I am highly oblige for this.

kim

What!?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.