Help!! I have a Dell Dimension E310. I have placed a password as the Administrator and I have forgotten the password. Is there anyway I can override this? No one can download anything without this override.

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

Is this machine on a domain or not?
Im guessing you didnt make a password recovery disk?
Do you have a windows CD?

It's just a home computer. No recovery disk and I'll check if I have a windows CD. Thanks.

By "I have placed a password as the Administrator" do you mean you have placed a password on your account (which is an administrator) or do you mean you placed a password on the hidden account called Administrator.

If its not the latter, you can access this hidden account via safemode

By "I have placed a password as the Administrator" do you mean you have placed a password on your account (which is an administrator) or do you mean you placed a password on the hidden account called Administrator.

If its not the latter, you can access this hidden account via safemode

The first Password as the Administrator" How can I access the account via safemode?

Hit f8 repeatedly as soon as the pc switches on until you get to a menu. Choose safe mode and login as "Administrator" (no password) and then go into user accounts and remove your password

If it is the main Administrator account, you cannot access using safemode. I've sent you a PM. Ask if u need any help.

Hit f8 repeatedly as soon as the pc switches on until you get to a menu. Choose safe mode and login as "Administrator" (no password) and then go into user accounts and remove your password

It worked!!!!! Thankk you very much.

Good. marked as solved.

hi dan my name is chrissy

hi dan i want to know how can we overide the system

Hello,

I have a Lenovo Thinkpad T61 T-Series and I dn't have the administration password. How can I use "ophcrack" if I cant even log in?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.