I wasnt exactly sure where to turn, so I decided to post on this side of the forums.
I currenty have XP Media Center, but I also want to have Windos 2000 Professional running as well.
Now, I think if I remember correctly I have to do something called partitioning :rolleyes: , but not too sure. Can someone explain how I can get those 2 OS on a single disk and what tools I need to achieve this.
Thanks in advance!

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Yes, you will need to place the second OS on a separate partition. You can either wipe the dirve and then reformat and partition the hdd, or use a utility like Symantec's Partition Magic or Acronis's Partition manager to create the second partition.

This article explains it well.

ok, i used that magic partition and its crap! my whole harddrive got screwed up, i had to re-install everything. all my files and games and music and videos were gone!
so, i am screwed for that part. I am still on XP and I want to install Win2K Pro keeping XP as well!
i have no idea how to do that, and that M$ website that the person provided for me doesnt really work either.
so, does anyone have detailed, step-by-step instructions on how i can achieve this? thanks in advance!

ok, i used that magic partition and its crap! my whole harddrive got screwed up, i had to re-install everything. all my files and games and music and videos were gone!
so, i am screwed for that part. I am still on XP and I want to install Win2K Pro keeping XP as well!
i have no idea how to do that, and that M$ website that the person provided for me doesnt really work either.
so, does anyone have detailed, step-by-step instructions on how i can achieve this? thanks in advance!

The program isn't crap, but if you don't read and understand the instructions it can sure turn your project into crap. I personally know people that have had great results using either the Symantec or Acronis software.

As for the link that I provided, it works for me. Anyone else have trouble with it?

yeah. its a good idea to defrag before shrinking a windows partition by the way

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.