need help here I am not very smart with computers so please be kind

Files that are required for Windows to run properly has been replaced by unrecongnized versions. To maintain system stability windows must restore the original verson of these files.

The network location from which the file should be copied, C:\windows\service pack files\:386/controls.man, is not available

contact your systemadministrator of insert window xp service pack 2 source files now

please tell me how to fix this problem
thank

joe

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

virus or spyware problems?? Can do an online check at http://housecall.trendmicro.com/. If not you may need to download sp2 again and give that a shot. I recomend getting the free cd version. Takes about a week. Hope that helps.

help me out i did get on that website
now what

help me

my computer is so locked up now i get it to run
please help me out with this problem

help me

my computer is so locked up now i get it to run
please help me out with this problem

By run do you mean it turned off and will not boot back up ,or do you mean its on but will not do anything or go online .
if you can get to that virus scan web site ,do and and let common sence take over ,you were sent there to do a virus scan so click on the links to do a free scan ,scan you computer now ,enjoy !:)

thanks again

after i go to the web site and click on scan now
it comes up to a site with a square that says

click here it install the following achiveXcontrol 'xscan53.cab' Trend Micro Inc'...

is this what i should do?

thanks again

after i go to the web site and click on scan now
it comes up to a site with a square that says

click here it install the following achiveXcontrol 'xscan53.cab' Trend Micro Inc'...

is this what i should do?

Yes it a safe site and its ok to load its activex .
Don't be afraid of you computer You are in control !:)

will this fix my computer?
there are so many windows that pop up after you click on something that is not related to what you are doing so i was not sure that this was the next step . Is there a way to do this faster with you is so please tell me .
my computer is not working and this is such a pain.

will this fix my computer?
there are so many windows that pop up after you click on something that is not related to what you are doing so i was not sure that this was the next step . Is there a way to do this faster with you is so please tell me .
my computer is not working and this is such a pain.

if there were a faster way i would have started with that .
The fastest way to fix you computer would be to take it to a computer repair shop and have them reinstall windows for you !!

thanks i can see you lost it with me
so thank you for you time . maybe there will be someone who can help me knowing that i need more help . I am sorry that what you tell me is not working on my computer. so when it dont work i ask more questions. Guess i am not as smart as you. thanks for the advise I will take it to someone to fix.
I wanted to know how to fix the problem and what caused it . but I guess I will just get it fixed

thanks again
joe

thanks i can see you lost it with me
so thank you for you time . maybe there will be someone who can help me knowing that i need more help . I am sorry that what you tell me is not working on my computer. so when it dont work i ask more questions. Guess i am not as smart as you. thanks for the advise I will take it to someone to fix.
I wanted to know how to fix the problem and what caused it . but I guess I will just get it fixed

thanks again
joe

I apoligse ,I get a little frustrated,
The info in this post is the fastest way i know to fix you computer .it will take you a few hrs ,that as fast as i can make it .Good luck and take each step in turn .
go on over to the Security section of this fourm and post you problem along with a hijackthis log .
Spyware & Trojans and Other Nasties
Please Don't post the hijackthis log in this section Thanks .
Please delete your temporary files by deleting all files and folders that are in those folders (do not delete the temp folder itself) like for example
C:\WINDOWS\Temp\
C:\Temp\
C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Temp\
Also delete your Temporary Internet Files, be sure to also select delete all offline content.

Do a virus scan here.
If you get report of files that can’t be cleaned / deleted please write down the filenames and locations and post that in your reply.
Download then unzip and run CWShredder to clean up clicking "FIX" to have it remove all it finds.

CWShredder available from these places :-

http://www.aluriasoftware.com/tools/cwshredder.zip
Or this as a full download without any unzipping required
http://www.downloads.subratam.org/CWShredder.exe
http://www.spywareinfo.com/downloads/tools/CWShredder.exe

We have found that some of the CWS infections can be removed better from safe mode, rather than normal mode.
To get to safe mode use the F8 key while booting the machine. Detailed instructions from :-
HERE
Then please do this since it’s better to use automated tools to get rid of the bad stuff use these 2 programs first before doing the final cleaning with HJT

First use Spybot S&D. (Version 1.3)
Spybot
Unzip, and update. Install the updates and run. Delete all that it marks in red.
Reboot

Then it’s time for Ad-Aware
Ad-Aware
Install and update by using the globe icon. Restart your computer and run Ad-Aware.
Press scan now and select drives and/or partitions to be scanned. When done select all and click next. Remove all checked items and then reboot your computer.

Please go to this page and read the instructions for how to configure Spybot S&D & Ad-Aware
How To Setup Spybot SD and Ad-Aware

Please do this.
Download 'Hijack This!'. http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/files/HijackThis.exe
Save it in a convenient permanent folder such as C:\HJT\, double click HijackThis.exe, and hit "Scan".

Your copy of HijackThis needs to be in a folder of it's own. When HJT fixes anything, it makes backups of the original files in the folder it is in. Since Temporary folders are emptied now and then (the files are DELETED), it would not be a good idea to have your backups there. Those backups would be VITAL to restoring your system if something went wrong in the FIX process!

1. Please go to you're 'My Documents' folder, right-click and select 'New > Folder' then name the folder 'HJT'.

2. Copy and paste HijackThis.exe to the new folder.

3. Close ALL windows except HJT

4. SCAN with HJT

5. POST the new log in this thread using 'Add Reply'

DO NOT MAKE ANY CHANGES OR CLICK "FIX CHECKED" UNTIL WE CHECK THE LOG, AS SOME OF THE FILES ARE LEGIT AND VITAL TO YOUR COMPUTER'S HEALTH

Then post a HJT log as a reply to this topic.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.