I am using internet through pc.but i want to use this internet on laptop also.can anybody tell me .how should i connect internet
through wireless.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

There are many ways.

1. - If you have a wireless router... you can open up the wireless on the laptop and then connect.

2. - You can buy a USB dongle and set up a wireless network via the desktop PC - can be painful, wouldn't really recommend it.

3. - Buy a wireless link and set it up.

I have a wireless link at home, and it is very good, and it's very easy to set up.

Good Luck, If you have any questions, just ask :)

Cohen

i have Purchased Wireless link.and i have placed the Card on the PCI Slot.now i have installed the Driver.But internet is not working.
Kindly let me know the idea.Any help would be highly appreciated.
Kindly find the attachment also.

Hi,
You have not said..have you set up the internet connection in your laptop as a wireless connection?

Hi,
You have not said..have you set up the internet connection in your laptop as a wireless connection?

when i put rj45 cable into the port.then internet is working.but what
i want in the one room there are one computer and one laptop
in a computer i have put Wireless Pci card.but when i install the
driver of Wireless Pci card.and attach antenna.internet is not working automatically.Did you get the attachment .Kindly let me know the idea.Any help would be highly appreciated.meanwhile when i attach rj45 cable of internet service provider it is working.

Wireless Pci card.and attach antenna.internet is not working automatically!
do you have a wireless router connected to your modem,or a wireless modem connected to incoming internet!

you need to click on wireless icon down by the clock and chose connect to network and search for wireless connections ,click to connect to yours when it finds it ,and check of to save and it will then connect automatically

Kindly find the attachment also .and let me know the idea.when i tried to check with the help of arp -a at CMD Shell.i did not get mac detail.I Got message no arp entries found.Kindly let me know.and kindly see the attachment also.

Kindly find the attachment also .and let me know the idea.when i tried to check with the help of arp -a at CMD Shell.i did not get mac detail.I Got message no arp entries found.Kindly let me know.and kindly see the attachment also.

ok attachment shows no networks available ,what happens when you click troubleshoot
i will ask again, do you have a wireless router in your hookup/setup,like this setup.
http://www.networkingreviews.com/images/Wireless-Home-Network-Setup.jpg

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.