My computer is running very slow...

THe CPU usage is at like 100% constantly...

Can you guys help me out? :?:

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

My computer is running very slow...

THe CPU usage is at like 100% constantly...

Can you guys help me out? :?:

with the keyboard do a ALT+CTRL+DEL ,go to processes and see what procsss is using all the CPU ,right it down and post back what one it is .

Right now i have Spyware doctor running & it is taking the most, but i also fear it might be spyware or other nasties, but even without spyware running its still at 100%

It seems to be running well (It goes from like 100 to 50 to 100 to 20 to 50 to 100 and so on) now for some reason..I think I can mangae...fyi- the sysformat is running the highest at like 20,000

40000* not 20,000

This problem could occur because of Spyware , go on over to the Security section of this fourm and post you problem along with a hijackthis log .
Spyware & Trojans and Other Nasties
Please Don't post the hijackthis log in this section Thanks .

Please do this.
Download 'Hijack This!'. HijackThis
Save it in a convenient permanent folder such as C:\HJT\, double click HijackThis.exe, and hit "Scan".

Your copy of HijackThis needs to be in a folder of it's own. When HJT fixes anything, it makes backups of the original files in the folder it is in. Since Temporary folders are emptied now and then (the files are DELETED), it would not be a good idea to have your backups there. Those backups would be VITAL to restoring your system if something went wrong in the FIX process!

1. Please go to you're 'My Documents' folder, right-click and select 'New > Folder' then name the folder 'HJT'.

2. Copy and paste HijackThis.exe to the new folder.

3. Close ALL windows except HJT

4. SCAN with HJT

5. POST the new log in this thread using 'Add Reply'

DO NOT MAKE ANY CHANGES OR CLICK "FIX CHECKED" UNTIL WE CHECK THE LOG, AS SOME OF THE FILES ARE LEGIT AND VITAL TO YOUR COMPUTER'S HEALTH

Thanks! I already have HiJak this and I alredi ran it and deleted the bad stuff, so im pretty sure its just that im runnin too many things at one time or sumthin

im having the same problem now...seems like everythime i turn the computer 'on' it happens

if you bring up the task manager it will should show you what program or programs are using the CPU ,check the attached picture ,you will see mine ,and the system idel is a 97% withch is allright ,because i not using anything besides snaget and explorer .

also scan with hijackthis and post a log for the hell of it .we'll have something to look at .

Logfile of HijackThis v1.98.2
Scan saved at 04:43, on 2/14/2005
Platform: Windows XP (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 (6.00.2600.0000)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSCFG16.EXE
C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\swdoctor.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\Program Files\Scansoft\PaperPort\SmartUI\SmartUI.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\tcpsvcs.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\snmp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\BRMFRSMG.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\SAVScan.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\RealOneMessageCenter.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\re_file.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\taskmgr.exe
C:\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.msn.com/
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.google.com
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = http://www.google.com/ie
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = Microsoft Internet Explorer
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: PCTools Site Guard - {5C8B2A36-3DB1-42A4-A3CB-D426709BBFEB} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYWAR~1\tools\iesdsg.dll
O2 - BHO: PCTools Browser Monitor - {B56A7D7D-6927-48C8-A975-17DF180C71AC} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYWAR~1\tools\iesdpb.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Motive SmartBridge] C:\PROGRA~1\VERIZO~1\SUPPOR~1\SMARTB~1\MotiveSB.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IPInSightLAN 01] "C:\Program Files\Verizon Online\VisualIPInsight\IPClient.exe" -l
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IndexSearch] C:\Program Files\Scansoft\PaperPort\IndexSearch.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NAV CfgWiz] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CfgWiz.exe /GUID NAV /CMDLINE "REBOOT"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Zone Labs Client] "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows System Configuration] C:\WINDOWS\SYSCFG16.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows DLL Loader] C:\WINDOWS\SYSCFG16.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [hostdll.exe] C:\WINDOWS\hostdll.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [Microsofts media] Realplaysvc.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [AIM] C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe -cnetwait.odl
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Spyware Doctor] "C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\swdoctor.exe" /Q
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [sysformat] C:\WINDOWS\System32\sysformat.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ssgrate.exe] C:\WINDOWS\System32\winsystems.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [winupd.exe] C:\WINDOWS\System32\winupd.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Verizon Online Support Center.lnk = C:\Program Files\Verizon Online\SupportCenter\bin\matcli.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Verizon Online Account Setup.lnk = C:\Program Files\Verizon Online\VOLSW\Accstp4.0.exe
O4 - Global Startup: SmartUI.lnk = ?
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA9.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: &AIM Search - res://C:\Program Files\AIM Toolbar\AIMBar.dll/aimsearch.htm
O9 - Extra button: Spyware Doctor - {2D663D1A-8670-49D9-A1A5-4C56B4E14E84} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYWAR~1\tools\iesdpb.dll
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
O15 - Trusted Zone: *.download.com
O15 - Trusted Zone: http://www.yahoo.com
O16 - DPF: {2359626E-7524-4F87-B04E-22CD38A0C88C} (ICSScannerLight Class) - http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/free/cm/ICSCM.cab
O16 - DPF: {3EB4F9EA-51A6-48DA-846A-0D69DCBA39EF} (DownloadManager Control) - http://download.akamaitools.com.edgesuite.net/dlmanager/live/code/IE_1070/DownloadManager.cab
O16 - DPF: {9A9307A0-7DA4-4DAF-B042-5009F29E09E1} (ActiveScan Installer Class) - http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/as5/asinst.cab
O16 - DPF: {C130F0B3-CD97-4DFC-B052-2BD17A7B82F5} (Yahoo! Photos Print-at-Home Tool Class) - http://us.dl1.yimg.com/download.yahoo.com/dl/controls/yprintathome/yprintathome.cab
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{50077D79-8696-45D5-BDA9-D35E2504C020}: NameServer = 151.197.0.38 151.197.0.39

Also...Is there a way to post my task manager thing like u did

or i can type some of it then....

Heres some of the higher processes in use
SVCHOST.EXE 21700k
IEXPLORE.EXE 12376K
EXPLORER.EXE 9500k

Then stuff at 8000 and \/

Also usage is at 100%

Hi ,you are using a outdated hijackthis get the one in my other post also ,i requested in the other Post that you not post the log here ,but go to the spyware /trojan section ,the like is in the other post ,please update hijackthis and post log over in spyware section thanks

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.