I used to use Windows Media Player (version 10) to rip my CDs, so I set the Tools/Options for ripping in WMP to "rip inserted CD." I now use other software for ripping, so I have turned this feature off in WMP.
However, WMP does not recognise this. Whenever I insert a CD, WMP opens and starts to rip it, meaning that I have to close it down every time.
Anyone had this bug before?

Contributors
Replies
Views
12 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by crunchie

I used to use Windows Media Player (version 10) to rip my CDs, so I set the Tools/Options for ripping in WMP to "rip inserted CD." I now use other software for ripping, so I have turned this feature off in WMP.
However, WMP does not recognise this. Whenever I insert a CD, WMP opens and starts to rip it, meaning that I have to close it down every time.
Anyone had this bug before?

Have you tried ,going to mycomputer .right click on the cdrom /properties/ayto play ,in the drop down list choose music cd and check off to take no action .!!:)

If you're using Windows Vista, go to Control Panel, and use the Auto-Play there. Do as he said, set things to Take No Action, and it'll fix things. :3

Hi,
Try, open "WMP" click the small down arrow in the "RIP" tab, select "More options", uncheck "Rip CD when inserted"

If you're using Windows Vista, go to Control Panel, and use the Auto-Play there. Do as he said, set things to Take No Action, and it'll fix things. :3

Hi,
Try, open "WMP" click the small down arrow in the "RIP" tab, select "More options", uncheck "Rip CD when inserted"

Try finding Vista when the OP posted guys :icon_rolleyes:

12-02-05, 7:51 pm

Edited by crunchie: n/a

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.