Hello Board,

Hopefully someone can help me get a handle on this.

My father bought the aforementioned HP. It was actually through a big joint venture by PeoplePC and Ford Motor Co.. Anyway, the system has been reloaded, with a fresh copy of windows 98 S.E., but several things are not working, and he lost the recovery cd's, which wasn't known before the system was reloaded.

Model: Pavilion 8679F
System number: P1472Z
Serial Number: US03554579

If anyone can tell me how to get a copy of these recovery discs, or how to find the necessary drivers for the various componants, I would be most grateful.

u can install driver from site of perticular co. who made your hard ware device.

u can install driver from site of perticular co. who made your hard ware device.

Umm...thanks. Amazingly I learned that about the same time I learned to spell words correctly; for instance..."particular," or "hardware."

Doesn't really help me get hold of a bunch of drivers for proprietary knock offs made by HP though.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.