I'm needing some help with my mother-in-law's computer. The sound was working fine and then one day there was no sound. I opened Sound and Audio Devices in Control Panel and it says there is "No Audio Device". I ran DirectX Diagnostic Tool to find out which driver to download and it has no device or driver listed under the Sound tab. Does anyone have a clue what to do next? I appreciate your help!

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Have you tried to reboot the computer?

Yes, it's been rebooted several times.

what kind of type her motherboard (MSI,Assus,etc) ?
Reinstall the sound driver.

Hi

Do a System Restore to a few days ago .... to a time you knew the sound was working.... To start system restore......

Click start ..... all programs..... accessories.... system tools ..... system restore..... follow the on screen instructions and choose an earlier date

Darren

It can be your pc hardware problem.

It can be your pc hardware problem.

WOW :?:

WOW :?:

LOL, I was going to make similar comment when i first read the post but help back!lol

LOL, I was going to make similar comment when i first read the post but help back!lol

He is just another signature flasher posting useless replies.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.