Verizon DSL...ON SENDING., its VERY slow almost like sending via dial up., my messages DO sent but they send SLOW., Callled the ISP and they mentioned Uninstalling & Reinstalling Outlook Express 6.0.....? Anyone have any thoughts on this & if you Uninstall & re install any instructions on doing so>?????

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

As A Further Not To My Message , I Cannot Compact When I Try Under Outlook,,,,will Not Compact!

Hi,

Try creating a new profile and then configure OE again. Possibly the emails being sent out are bulky (possibly with large attachments) thats causing this. You might also try an SFC /Scannow.

Sam.

WHAT DO YOU MEAN A NEW PROFILE???????? I CANNOT COMPACT THE MESSAGES EITHER ., WHEN I HIT COMPACT, I CANNOT GET IT TO COMPACT., ARE THERE WORKAROUNDS WHAT IS

You might also try an SFC /Scannow. ????? NEED MORE INFORMATION..

Create a new user profile:
Click Start-> Control Panel-> User Accounts-> Create a new account with Administrator rights. Log in with this new profile and reconfigure OE and then try sending the emails again.

Run SFC /Scannow
Insert Windows XP CD in top CD/DVD drive.
Click Stsrt->Run-> Type "sfc /scannow" without the quotes and press enter. When the scan is done, it will disappear. Reboot computer at this point.

Sam.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.