hi all plz read below carefully
All pc are connected in lan where one is win server wher i am sharing a file to give permission to a perticular user, structure is as follows
1)a)created one folder with name "test".b)shared with full permission for 10 user
c)under security tab clicked on advanced & unchecked allow inheritance.& added all the 10 users.

2)a)created another subfolder 'time' in "test".
b)under security again i followed step1 c but only with 5 users

3)finally i created one excel sheet in 'time' folder.b)under security in advanced i unchecked allow inheritance & given full permission to only user1.
now the problem i m facing is whenver user1 open that file frm his pc, edit & save. that time i checked security of that excel file on the server & it was showing full permission to all 5 users. please give me solution to avoid this file from access to all remaining users.

Thank You

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

The user probably copied the file to his local pc, edited it, and then copied it back. When he put it back in the folder it inherited the 5 user permissions.

no no they are not copying on their local machine, they are accessing server folder &
editing & saving but as soon as they save permission are changing.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.