When installing Adobe Acrobat 6.0 Windows gave me a Error 1606: could not find network drive. I tried all of the fixes I found on the internet but could not figure it out.

In the process of my tinkering I restarted the system in safe mode. Now whenever I start windows it seems to go to safemode. Mcafee Antivirus gives me an error on startup that says activeshield won't start in safemode, and nothing shows up in my device manager. I manually tell the system at startup to load windows normally but it still loads into safe mode.

I've tried running the windows repair but I have service pack 2 and my CD is service pack 1 and it says it won't work. Any help would be appreciated.

do you get any error messages when in safe mode?. Did you uninstall Acrobat?. Need more information to go on. Safe mode only goes into a loop if windows cannot load a driver

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.