I have a ATI Radeon 9200se VGA and I have connected my TV to its output and selected "Extend my windows desktop on to this monitor" for the second recognized monitor (TV)
now my question is that how can I keep the screen playing (in the TV cause it become black) while I start playing a full screen game cause when I start the game the program's screen that is playing the movie becomes black and only the sound is played.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

I have a ATI Radeon 9200se VGA and I have connected my TV to its output and selected "Extend my windows desktop on to this monitor" for the second recognized monitor (TV)
now my question is that how can I keep the screen playing (in the TV cause it become black) while I start playing a full screen game cause when I start the game the program's screen that is playing the movie becomes black and only the sound is played.

You need a video card with 2 monitor connections to do this not just a card with tv out .

thnx for your help

your welcome ,any time .

I just stumbled upon this thread and wanted to mention something in case someone else is dealing with this issue.

Most likely, the reason the video stopped working isn't because the video was being played on a TV-out connection; rather, because the card can only full-screen display overlays on one connection at a time. If the video player had its overlay settings turned off, I'm sure that the video would still run while in game. To turn off the overlay settings for Windows Media Player, click Tools, click Options, select the Performance tab, click Advanced, clear the checkbox for "Use overlays", select OK, select Apply, and select OK. After doing this, the video will most likely have to be stopped and started again in order for the change to go into effect.

I hope this helps some of you that are dealing with similar issues.

Hi
Thanks very much. this was a problem that looked unresolveable to me.
I will take a test

Sincerely
Michael Lopez

Try out my suggestion and let us know if it helped.

Try out my suggestion and let us know if it helped.

thanks again. I will try it

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.