I reinstalled XP over the old XP. Now, I can search around and find sme of the old files and some even run. But can't get back to like desktop, documents etc. I tried restore but it started over with the new install date and time. So..is there like a old file that I can change the extension something to renstate the old files?

THANKS IN ADVANCE

I reinstalled XP over the old XP. Now, I can search around and find sme of the old files and some even run. But can't get back to like desktop, documents etc. I tried restore but it started over with the new install date and time. So..is there like a old file that I can change the extension something to renstate the old files?

THANKS IN ADVANCE

Hi,

Open you C Drive and look for a folder called "Documents and Settings" double click on that, the look for your old profile name and double click on that. (if you not sure of your old profile name you'll have to just click around untill you find "my documents" with stuff in it that you reconize) you will find you my documents folder, desktop folder and you ie favorites among other things.

Good luck

Tim

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.