I just switched out my old hard drive and ram from my laptop for an upgrade but now my screen is black. When I power it up the power light comes on and you can hear the drive starting to spin but that as far as it goes. When I insert a disk it will try to read it but then gives up. It does all this while maintaining a black screen PLEASE HELP!!!

Contributors
Replies
Views
8 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Rik_

You haven't said anything about what's on the new hard drive for booting/Windows purposes and how it got there.

So I presume the disk you're inserting is a Windows DVD and you want to do a fresah install.

I think we need a lot more info from you as you're in front of the thing and we're relying on what you tell us.

The new hard drive has no boot sector. I do not know how to resolve this.

Then don't bother replying!

Put the old ram back in and see if it works then.

I put the old ram and old hard drive back in and i still have the black screen!!!

The next thing to do is plug a monitor in the back and see if you get anything from that.

I pluged it up to a monitor and still nothing? i think i just murdered my laptop. should have took it to someone who knows what they are doing.

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.