2.93 Celeron D apx 900MB Ram MSI PM8M2-V Motherboard Win XP Home with all current updates with Explorer 7.
Using the system last night all of a sudden programs started shutting down, then the computer shutting down. I immediately ran SpuBot system was found clean. After going through three restarts with long delays before loading, I went to restart again....the MSI loading page came up and froze there. It won't respond to safe-mode. I'm considering pulling the battery out to reset the BIOS but I'd want to see what other advices I can get. I have AVG scanning every night with updated downloads. Thanks to those who respond! Steve

The first thing to try is to reset the cmos. To do this, unplug your pc from the mains supply then open it up and remove the cmos battery for about a minute. It is a round silver object with CR2032 stamped on it.
Your bios will be cleared, including time and date and boot order so you will need to set those correctly after refitting the battery and powering on.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.